Monday, August 01, 2005

Things I'm doing at the mo...

Was sitting here, bopping away to a Dave Angel mix from 1994 (oh the days...), and I thought “Hmmmm, lets make a list of things on going and to do”. So here they are in no particular order...

  • Webservice tagging - We hope to release an extension to the portal which will provide REST-style browsing and searching of DBE services á la flickr. To my knowledge, no one has done this yet, a folksonomic (can I say that?! a) buzzword b) maky-uppy word?) listing of web services. If not, I get prior art! :-p
  • DBE Service UI specification - The idea here is to supply a UI to the user over the P2P network and allow the user interact with the service in a user-friendly manner. I really like openlazlo, and yesterday looked back to XUL and was impressed by a great RSS aggregrator app going by the name of bloxor. Hmmmm, openlazlo is still flashier (pardon the pun!), XUL seems somewhat flaky - maybe it was just this particular implementation? The guys over at SUN have proposed java applets, waaaay too flaky! Bleuch!
  • Project integration - we currently overseeing a migration from collabnet to sourceforge. This time, as we've experienced it in the beginning and have learnt lessons, things will be a hell of a lot smoother and tight. We're aiming for one command, one total build. We're using maven to perform builds and cruisecontrol for total integration and nightly builds (nice one Dominik ;-) ).
  • Project management - this is related to the integration task in DBE. I guess the two go hand in hand - gotta talk to partners
  • STUN protocol investigation and implementation - Fun here! Ok it ain't so bad... there are java client libraries available but java servers are scarce, like very! I've only found one java implementation of STUN and that may not even do the trick. Was maybe thinking to use JPython and use python STUN libraries... ah I'll sort something. For now we're using a C++ STUN server; small and fast ;-)
  • A Bank of Ireland perl script - I'm using WWW::Mechanize to grab bits and bobs about my account and if I'm really industrious implement a wee konfabulator widget to display it on my oh so sexy PowerBook's desktop. Those konfabulator widgets are sweet-as and I've totally disabled dashboard from tiger.
  • Couple of ideas/projects for bodytonicmusic.com. I'd love to create the ultimate immersive-tech-clubbing environment there. How cool would that be. A total contextual and smart environment. Gotta sort out some mobile solutions for them too, event listing and so forth. They need CMS big time. The bro will be doing design work, me I'm the man in the back room! Reckons he's gonna design clothing for them too -sweet!
  • Trying to get an apartment sorted - more difficult than it sounds! I swear next time I'm getting somebody to do it for me.
  • Oooo! I gotta upload my code to CVS /me slaps head.


Now my next post... who knows when!

1994-11-20, Part 2

from the album “Essential Mixes 1994” by Dave Angel


Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,